11 20 2023
DIRECTOR - HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION, ZPPA 02 (1 POSITION)
To formulate policy and direct, coordinate and implement policies relating to all phases of Human Resources and administration activities in order to promote good work environment and ensure proper, efficient and effective management service delivery.
- STATEMENT OF MAIN DUTIES
Under the of the Director General, the role involves the formulation of policy, direction and coordination of administration and human resources of the institution. It also involves the effective coordination and supervision of subordinate staff to ensure efficient service delivery. The main duties include:
2.1 Provides overall direction for the planning and implementation of internal and external surveys conducted to provide information for the formulation of Human Resource strategy, policies and annual program of action to ensure that such surveys are robust and efficient;
2.2 Provides direction for the formulation of Human Resource strategy, policies and practice that enable the ZPPA to maintain the right numbers and quality of staff required for the operations of the Authority, amongst them recruitment, performance management, remuneration, conduct and training and development;
2.3 Coordinates the development and execution of the ZPPA strategic plan;
2.4 Coordinates the implementation of Performance Management System in the ZPPA;
2.5 Provides leadership for the management of industrial relations within the ZPPA, providing guidance for the administration of disciplinary action and grievances so as to maintain good relationships within the organization;
2.6 Provide professional technical support to the ZPPA at both the leadership team and department levels to ensure that decisions made in the management of human resources are within the applicable labour laws and reflect good human resource management practice;
2.7 Manages the Human Resource and Administration Department Annual Work Plan to ensure that activities are implemented to schedule and within budget and outputs are achieved to the specified quality levels;
2.8 Provides leadership in the management of service providers in Human Resource and Administration Department to ensure that the interests of the ZPPA are protected and quality services are provided;
2.9 Participates in the development and delivery of internal training provided by the Human Resource and Administration Department and Manages such training to ensure that delivery is of high quality and the impact of training is adequately assessed;
2.10 Responsible for Job Evaluation assignments and Coordinates staff remuneration reviews and undertakes survey of conditions of service for comparative purposes to ensure the competitiveness of conditions of service in the ZPPA;
2.11 Ensures effective induction sessions, performance management and training and development activities are undertaken thereby facilitating staff performance;
2.12 Supervises Administration to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in the provision of transport and other general office administrative services to the ZPPA;
2.13 Supervises staff in the Human Resource and Administration Department and undertakes appraisal of the subordinates to monitor and evaluate individual performance; and
2.14 Perform any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
3.0 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least five (5) credits or better including English and Mathematics.
- Vocational or Professional Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration or Human Resource Management and Masters’ Degree in Human Resource Management or a related Social Science field.
- Relevant Post Qualification Work Experience: At least eight (8) years’ work experience at senior management level or higher in Human Resource Management.
4.0 OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Good writing and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good computation, arithmetic, critical thinking, analytical and leadership skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Must be a Fellow or Full Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management with a Membership Certificate and a paid-up member for 2023.
- Must be thirty-five (35) years and above, but not more than fifty-five (55) years old.
The position of Director – Human Resource and Administration is on a fixed term five (5) year performance based Contract of employment.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidence and should comprise an application letter and curriculum vitae with certified copies of Academic Certificate and Grade twelve (12) Certificate.
- Applications should be addressed to the:
The Director General
Zambia Public Procurement Authority
Stand No. Sub J-11790
Off Alick Nkhata Road, Longacres
P.O Box 31009
- Candidates MUST download and fill in the Profile Summary Form HERE and email it together with the application letter and other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line and sign-off the application letter for employment. The size of your attachments should not exceed 10 Megabyte. Only applications sent via email will be considered.
- Please note that filling in the Profile Summary Form is mandatory and the same, as mentioned in item (iii) above, should be sent with other documents to email@example.com in Microsoft Word format and not Portable Document format (PDF). YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE PROFILE SUMMARY FORM HERE.
The closing date for receipt of applications will be Friday, 1st December, 2023 at 17:00 hours. ZPPA is an equal opportunity Employer and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.