Electronic Government Procurement (e-GP) System is an internet-based platform that allows public institutions to involve suppliers in the acquisition of goods, works, consulting and non-consulting services required by the public sector.
2. What do I need to register my Company on the e-GP system?
1. PACRA Certificate
2. ZRA TPIN
3. Valid email address
4. A nonrefundable fee of K 150.00
3. How do I register my company on the e-GP platform?
Registration is done online by following this link:
4. How do I pay for supplier registration or for tender participation on the system?
The system has two payment options, the online payment option where you pay using your VISA Card or Master Card and the offline payment options where you log on to the system and download a Bill Muster from the system which you present at any Zambia National Commercial Bank (ZANACO) Branch.
5. Do I have to be in a particular locality where the tender is being floated for me to participate in the tendering process?
No. The system is location independent; you do not have to be in a particular location for you to access the system. You could be anywhere in the world, all you need for you to participate in the tendering process is a computer and internet connectivity.
6. How do I submit my bid for tenders on the system?
Bids are submitted electronically. You have to download a tender preparation tool from the system and prepare your bids using this tender preparation tool. After you have worked on your bid, you have to save and package it before you can upload it back on the system.
7. How secure are the submitted documents? Can someone from the Procuring Entity (PE) or ZPPA tamper with my bid after it has been submitted?
Tenders are encrypted at the time of submission and no one can tamper with them after you have submitted them on the system.
8. How do I get feedback from the Procuring Entity after I have submitted my bid?
The system has automated email alerts which notify you when you have successfully submitted your bid and also when the PE has awarded the tender. Suppliers can also check the status of the tender they participated in by going to the e-GP system under the Current Tenders and checking the status for the tenders.
9. Do I have to pay for me to view the tender documents for tenders floated on the system?
The tender documents for tenders on the system can be downloaded free of charge. Bidders are only required to pay at bid submission stage when they want to submit their bids.
10. What does ZPPA intend to achieve with the introduction of the e-GP system?
Reduce the time and cost of doing business for both bidders and PEs
Realize better value for money spent through increased competition
Standardize public procurement processes across government departments/agencies